Author Topic: [req mod] Open image in new window with auto resize on upload  (Read 9913 times)

Offline Spotter

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Hello,

I need a mod that can do this:

In the details page the image should be 800 width max but when clicking on the image it would open the full size in a new window.
On upload it should create two resized images, the thumb and the 800 max width image (if images are smaller, leave them unresized)
The download button should remain in the details page but should link to the full size image

On the details page there should be a link displaid that users can use to link to that details page from another website.

Anybody who can work this small mod out for me?

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Spotter

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: [req mod] Open image in new window with auto resize on upload
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 03:19:58 PM »
[Mod] Show original image in new window by clicking on image

1. This MOD doesnt resize or do anything with images, and u'll need upload "big/original" images manualy.
 and still doesn't have the other features i mentioned.

Sorry but i'm a php dumbie

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 03:38:57 PM »
Everything you've requested is already available on this forum. The download thing you can find if read the replys of that mod.
The resizing:
[Mod] Auto image resize on upload

and also mods such as "check new images in all categories" and "Batch copy/move/edit" support "big" files.

And again, please read the replys of each mod, everything you've asked is there already.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Spotter

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 04:46:26 PM »
Everything you've requested is already available on this forum. The download thing you can find if read the replys of that mod.
The resizing:

and also mods such as "check new images in all categories" and "Batch copy/move/edit" support "big" files.

And again, please read the replys of each mod, everything you've asked is there already.

The mod doens't do what i ment.

I was asking for it to create a resized AND save the original AND the thumbnail.

So three images:

1) thumb
2) resized
3) original

all on upload.

All pages should show the thumb (as normal), details page should show the resized with a link to the original.

I have read every reply but i'm a php dumbie as i told you.

Offline saisrini85

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 04:29:09 PM »
The resizing:

The mod doens't do what i ment.

I was asking for it to create a resized AND save the original AND the thumbnail.

So three images:

1) thumb
2) resized
3) original

all on upload.

All pages should show the thumb (as normal), details page should show the resized with a link to the original.

I have read every reply but i'm a php dumbie as i told you.

4images never did this and probably will never do this!

Because of this, i am forced to use another stupid script that gives me various problems in css and templates. I loved 4images but because of its inability to create resized images and store original images automatically and display them in a new window, I cant use the script anymore.

I still love 4images so much and in future if they come up with an update that resizes an image and stores the original image and provides a link to the original image in the details page of the resized image, I would be willing to even buy 4images script and use it back again!

till then, goodbye and sayonara!

Offline mf-d

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 06:59:39 PM »
ehm actually my 4images is doing all of these things and furthermore it puts an annotation on the 800px picture!!

i just added some mods here and everything is running, of course you have to read the threads in total, because in vano's thread he mentioned above everything on resizing is written, even with saving the original file in /big/ folder!
Here you can see: http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=7700.msg22313#msg22313

If you now combine the two mods called here, you should come to your result!
for me its working very good, i can use one of my images, upload it, its getting resized, placed a watermark on it, make thumbnail and save the original file to /big/ folder.
and now by clicking on download i get my big original picture!

the only thing you have to do, read the forum.
i'm totally a noob in mysql and php, but i got everything i need from this forum (great thanks to all here, especially jan and vano :wink:)

Offline mawenzi

• 4images Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 07:17:37 PM »
... the only thing you have to do, read the forum ...
... and use the search function ...
... right ...  :mrgreen:
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question ! ( © by V@no )
- please read the Forum Rules ...
- please study the FAQ ...
- please try to Search for your answer ...

You are on search for top 4images MOD's ?
- then please search here ... Mawenzi's Top 100+ MOD List (unsorted sorted) ...

Offline Gwydion

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 10:56:03 AM »
Hm. Following the link above it says there

On my site I use this MOD.
And this mod automaticaly copy original file to /big/ folder if the image is being resized (/big/ folder also automaticaly created if its not exist).
Just need use in Step 1. this code:

What mod would "this MOD" be? The link goes to the mod index page (MOD releases and support).
I have tried to read my way through the thread (auto-image resize on upload). I feel dizzy.
First, the mod seems not to be what Spotter asked and I'd like to get too but on page 3 there are some posts about that it could do all this with (as I understand it) another MOD (but which?) but maybe only on a windows server (or not?).

I also came upon a thread (Show original image in new window)
where it says on top
This MOD will let in detail page by clicking on the image, open new fullscreen window with bigger size image (new window will be closed by clicking on mouse buttons).

sounds this is what I am looking for but then
NOTE:
1. This MOD doesnt resize or do anything with images, and u'll need upload "big/original" images manualy.

Hello, confusion. Does it mean you have to upload a resized and the original file? Which mod to use now?
Have the changes and fixes mentioned in the following pages of the mod's thread be inlcuded in the original mod/instructions?

*clueless*