Author Topic: 1.7 --> 1.7.10 Using old tables; images not found  (Read 5460 times)

Offline drouinr

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
1.7 --> 1.7.10 Using old tables; images not found
« on: April 14, 2012, 10:34:39 PM »
I installed version 1.7.10 and used the data tables from a previous install (1.7.0). It appears that most everything (e.g., categories, captions, etc.) works fine; however, the thumbnails and images themselves do not display as expected. Clicking on a thumb shows "File not found".

There ought to be 12 pictures within this category. In looking at the number of records in the photos table (via phpMyAdmin), there are, in fact, 12 records.

Can someone tell me whether I need to change a variable name or location somewhere in the PHP files or templates in order to resolve this issue?

Also, is there much change in the template files from 1.7.0 to 1.7.10? I'd customized them in the 1.7.0 to blend seamlessly with the look and feel of the website and would like to do so again. If there isn't that much change, would the simplest solution be to drop the template files from 1.7 into my 1.7.10 template folder? (Both still exist on the server, although the directories and folders therein have distinct names).

Once I know I can safely remove all files connected with 1.7.0, I will do so.

Thank you.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: 1.7 --> 1.7.10 Using old tables; images not found
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 04:26:01 AM »
Welcome to 4images forum.

It seems you only restored database, but images themselves were not restored. You'll need copy everything located in data directory and then set proper permissions per docs/install.txt instructions
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline drouinr

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: 1.7 --> 1.7.10 Using old tables; images not found
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 09:43:45 PM »
Thank you for your prompt reply; your suggestion did the trick. Please see for yourself, and please also accept my thanks.

Incidentally, are the templates much different in the current version than in v 1.7? I'd like the image galleries to blend seamless with the look and feel of the website, and if I can use the old templates, I'd prefer to do that rather than invest time and energy customizing those in v. 1.7.10.

Can you please advise me in this regard?