Author Topic: What is wrong with PHP v4.3? it so not compatible!  (Read 7054 times)

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
What is wrong with PHP v4.3? it so not compatible!
« on: January 26, 2003, 05:45:47 PM »
so far I have 5 script that quit working properly after I upgraded to PHP v4.3.
on of them is 4images if I want use ImageMagic or trying do something with .GIF files. instead of give me an error on screen or phperror.log it just throught to me blank page.

another thing that bother me is that in phperror.log I get
PHP Warning:  (null)() [<a href='http://www.php.net/ref.outcontrol'>ref.outcontrol</a>]: output handler 'ob_gzhandler' cannot be used twice in Unknown on line 0
after each view/refresh page with 4images script.
I have tryed set to dont use "gzip" from admin control panel - still same thing, then I tryed remove PHP feature from php.ini file - no luck.
I'm using prebuilded version of PHP (dont know how to compile myself) so, maybe it has some bugz?
Is anyone else having problem with PHP v4.3?

P.S. or maybe somebody know how I can setup Apache2.0.44 running with PHP v4.2.3 as module (isapi php4apache2.dll) not as CGI (php.exe) on WindowsXP? It gives me an error that php version is not what expected when I try so, thats the reason I had to switch to PHP v4.3
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline bc

• View Profile
What is wrong with PHP v4.3? it so not compatible!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2003, 04:04:06 PM »
I use Apache 1.3.xx with PHP 4.3.0 running as a sapi module (Apache2 doesn't seem to support it correctly), and for some reason after I updated PHP from 4.2.3, the thumbnail and auto-resize features stopped working. I'm thinking that there are some incompatibilities between the code and the new version of PHP.

Offline MrWante

• View Profile
Well...
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2003, 06:34:20 PM »
Well, I am using the latest Apache and PHP and autoresize and the thumbnailer works fine....
But I had problems with some scripts that uses mod_rewrite... Didn't work at all...

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Well...
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2003, 10:38:07 PM »
Quote from: bc
I use Apache 1.3.xx with PHP 4.3.0 running as a sapi module (Apache2 doesn't seem to support it correctly), and for some reason after I updated PHP from 4.2.3, the thumbnail and auto-resize features stopped working. I'm thinking that there are some incompatibilities between the code and the new version of PHP.

I posted somewhere the solution for auto thumbnails with PHPv4.3.

Quote from: MrWante
Well, I am using the latest Apache and PHP and autoresize and the thumbnailer works fine....
But I had problems with some scripts that uses mod_rewrite... Didn't work at all...

mod_rewrite I belive is apache side, not PHP ( I might be wrong though)
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline MrWante

• View Profile
Re: Well...
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2003, 11:48:44 PM »
Quote from: V@no
mod_rewrite I belive is apache side, not PHP ( I might be wrong though)

Yes of course, but the Gallery application that I used before, made some specific calls, for mod_rewrite that is icombatible with the "new" Apache 2... so true it's not a PHP problem, rather a badly programmed php script....

Yes, it's Apache but the functions needs to be called from PHP... would be nice to have that in 4images too...

Instead of getting long urls you can get links like....

www.yoursite.com/4images/cars
www.yoursite.com/4images/busses
www.yoursite.com/4images/food

But I guess, in some cases that wouldn't make much of a difference...

Sorry for digressing.....