Author Topic: Configure download function  (Read 3368 times)

Offline supahypnotic

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Configure download function
« on: August 22, 2005, 02:08:49 PM »
I've been editing a 4images template and it seems to me that though it's possible to delete the download-button from the template (lightbox.html and details.html), the download function must still be intact. This means that anyone who wants to download the files still can knowing a little about the program (and of course, there are multiple other ways to "steal" images despite copyprotection).

Is there a way to configure 4images so that only the site admin can download images? Or what do I need to do to safely remove the whole download function?

TheOracle

Re: Configure download function
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 03:28:37 PM »

Is there a way to configure 4images so that only the site admin can download images?

Of course. All you'd need to do is to configure your permission levels from your ACP - > Categories page on your specific categories. ;)

Offline supahypnotic

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Configure download function
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 04:35:08 PM »
Oracle - Thank you for the answer! I see the settings are inherited by lower categories, that's pretty neat. I was so busy looking for a way to change the settings for my whole database / main category I completely overlooked this... :embarrassed: