Author Topic: Warning: session_start(): .... I don't know what to do!  (Read 5949 times)

Offline nestagirl

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Warning: session_start(): .... I don't know what to do!
« on: July 28, 2005, 07:43:05 AM »
Well, this message appears at the top of my page:

Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp/sess_1b560bbda2f03da2184ab8f8972d5101, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in /home/neticom/public_html/gallery/includes/sessions.php on line 84

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/neticom/public_html/gallery/includes/sessions.php:84) in /home/neticom/public_html/gallery/includes/sessions.php on line 84

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/neticom/public_html/gallery/includes/sessions.php:84) in /home/neticom/public_html/gallery/includes/sessions.php on line 84

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/neticom/public_html/gallery/includes/sessions.php:84) in /home/neticom/public_html/gallery/includes/sessions.php on line 92

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/neticom/public_html/gallery/includes/sessions.php:84) in /home/neticom/public_html/gallery/includes/sessions.php on line 92

Then at the bottom, appears this:

Warning: Unknown(): open(/tmp/sess_1b560bbda2f03da2184ab8f8972d5101, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Few days ago the gallery was perfect, but now this errors appeared from nowhere o_O, I fixed from the beginning the bug in sessions.php... and now, I don't know what to do, really don't T-T, hope someone can help me. My gallery is in: http://www.nestasiati.com/gallery/index.php oh! by the way... I can't do anything, no login, no upload images, nothing! HELP ME!!

Offline boatman9999

• View Profile
Re: Warning: session_start(): .... I don't know what to do!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 11:33:52 AM »
You need to contact your hosting service and inform them of the problem as it looks like the temporary space on the HD is full for some reason and the server is unable to write the session data (the first error message).

The rest of the error messages are probably due to the fact that an output has started to screen (the first error message) and the php headers cannot be sent. Therefore, if you get rid of the first error, the rest should also disappear.

Offline caneaves

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 07:22:10 PM »
I get exactly the same using a out of the box fantastico installation, tried searching the forums no use, just lots and lots of people with unasnwered posts on the same issue!

BUT if I log in to my gallery using Mozilla I get NO error messages, use Internet Explorer and presto error messaged the same as yours. Tested on 3 different pcs and all the same results!

Maybe, just maybe this is not a server issue but a code versus IE issue?

Ideas?

Offline Acidgod

• 4images Guru
  • It's me?
    • View Profile
    • Flash-Webdesign
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 07:29:22 PM »
Please always post your own Error Message...

And that is a Server issue, but the Cookie Permissions in the IE are relevant too...

If the IE not allowed to write Cookies the Session will be stored on the Server and when the Disk/Webspace is full you became this Error Message...

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 09:21:59 PM »
As Acidgod pointed out, browser is not an issue here and what you've expirienced is pure coincidential, or your mozila browser was showing you previously saved (cached) pages.
Now, tell me, did u actualy payed attention to the error message?
what do you think this mean?:
Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp/sess_1b560bbda2f03da2184ab8f8972d5101, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in /home/neticom/public_html/gallery/includes/sessions.php on line 84
I think this error is self explained and I think its quiet obvious that its something wrong on the server...
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline caneaves

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 04:47:44 PM »
Uninstall and use other software is my solution to this, and yes I had never opened the page using Mozilla ( ie it had no cache page to refer to)

See ya

Offline Acidgod

• 4images Guru
  • It's me?
    • View Profile
    • Flash-Webdesign
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005, 05:02:38 PM »
Uninstall and use other software is my solution to this, and yes I had never opened the page using Mozilla ( ie it had no cache page to refer to)

See ya

And what will the another Software will do when the Disk is full? Auto delete you Images? Or delete Data from another User? Or make Format C:/? Please tell me which Software will make automatic delete Data to become more Space on the Disk? *ggg*

You are a Fool when you think that is a Problem of 4images... (o:

Good luck with the automatic deleting or what ever the Script makes to bring you free Webspace Software...  :roll: