• Signature image v2.3 5 0 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: Signature image v2.3  (Read 619625 times)

Offline Stoleti

• View Profile
Re: Signature image v2.22
« Reply #255 on: March 29, 2006, 04:57:36 PM »
I guess, you are missusing word "private" in this case ;)
Private - is when only selected members can see, but in your case you call "private" the categories that ANY registered members can see. In that case you can use AUTH_USER instead of AUTH_ACL

The clock I'm using is made by this class:
http://analogclock.caiphp.com/

and the flags are based on this mod:
http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=6709.0

But how added on signature  :oops:

Offline ciprianmp

• Php just rocks!
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #256 on: March 29, 2006, 10:16:56 PM »
Ok V@no, I added the phpclock to my website: http://ciprianmp.com/plain.php or http://ciprianmp.com/plain.png (rewriten with .htaccess)
I tryed some tricks to add it to my signature image, but I failed (of course, how else?!)
How do I actually create a temporary physical plain.png (clock image) to use it in signature.php?
Please teach me how to add that clock bellow the picture displayed from the gallery (I mean in the right side down). Or at least the function and the caller which merge/embede that clock image into the template. Pleaseeeee.... :p
Thank you!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 11:53:11 PM by ciprianmp »

Offline ciprianmp

• Php just rocks!
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #257 on: March 30, 2006, 03:32:50 AM »
Ok V@no, kill me softly babes! (I've done the hard work myself)

Now I have the clock in, my skype status works like a charm, but there is only one issue:
How do I reload the clock? I made clock script create a clock.png file every refresh of the clock skin file (http://ciprianmp.com.plain.php - the png results in http://ciprianmp.com/clock/clock.png)
Then I use the clock.png file in the signature.php:
Code: [Select]
//include_once('./plain.php');
    $st = imagecreatefrompng("./clock/clock.png");
    imagecopymerge($im, $st, 20, 90, 0, 0, 55, 55, 100);
The result is nice, but if I don't comment out the include line, this will happen:
- at first load of signature.php, only the clock is shown (as a result of the plain.php file included); it also creates the according clock.png file;
- at the next reload/refresh, the signature shows up correct.
The cycle starts over overy time, which is not what we need...

There is a better solution for this? I thought we might use a different script to generate de png file continously or every several minutes. (like a refresh page somewhere on the website). Could this be a solution?
Please give me the final hint...

As for the flags ... I wondered: Why should I tell my visitors which country are they from? Are they so stupid? Oh, if I could show them my country, that would make more sense, but at this point... I give up on flags in signature image... :)

PS: I found a misspelling in your signature.php file (line 352):
@fclose($hande);
...should really be:
@fclose($handle);
:wink:

Offline ciprianmp

• Php just rocks!
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #258 on: March 30, 2006, 05:21:05 PM »
Well, that was my bad! My plain.php (clock skin) file was returning both a .png file and a temporary image to be shown. Therefore, my signature first showed the clock, then, on the second load, the full image.
Now this is the right function in clock.php:
  function DrawPNG()
  {
    header('Content-type: image/png');
//    imagepng($this->im); //only shows the clock
    imagepng($this->im,"./clock/clock.png"); //generates the file
    imagedestroy($this->im);
  }
Then in signature.php, I have:
include('./plain.php');
    $st = imagecreatefrompng("./clock/clock.png");
    imagecopymerge($im, $st, 20, 90, 0, 0, 55, 55, 100);

(hint: 20 & 90 = position of the clock; 55 & 55 = size of the clock - same as the pixels' size of the clock image)

And here I am... my clock shows up very smooth and exact in my image stats signature!!!
Thank you all for your help! V@no, you rock man! So do I :D

See bellow??? Nice one, hah?

Offline ciprianmp

• Php just rocks!
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #259 on: March 31, 2006, 11:02:32 PM »
Hello again!
As you can see... I love challlenges! So I added the country flag, IP and country name, eventhough... it's quite senseless... But here you are!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 03:04:42 AM by ciprianmp »

Offline ciprianmp

• Php just rocks!
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #260 on: March 31, 2006, 11:48:25 PM »
V@no, here's a new challenge!
I just tested my signature with a friend of mine back in Romania. I'm abroad and therefore I use a Hong-Kong ISP right now. It seems we opened the signature.php file in the same time, which showed him the same image as it showed to me (I mean... the data which he could view were actually mine: HongKong, my IP) . But i put him refesh and he got the right data: Romania, his IP.
Is this possible, right?
Then, here's the challenge: how can we generate different temp images for each different viewer? Then distroy every image as they got loaded?
Do you have any idea? I will think myself for some piece of code, but as I said... let's try a fix together... You first?  :mrgreen:

PS: why haven't you dropped me a line for two days?  :( I saw you've read my posts and made the suggested correction to the code (first page). Please say something  :P

See ya!

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #261 on: April 01, 2006, 01:12:38 AM »
Then, here's the challenge: how can we generate different temp images for each different viewer? Then distroy every image as they got loaded?
Do you have any idea? I will think myself for some piece of code, but as I said... let's try a fix together... You first?  :mrgreen:
I've fixed this problem by using IP of the visitor as the  filename for cached signature. It seems to work quiet well, except after almost 1.5 years since I made this signature, I just looked in the temp folder where the cached signatures are saved and my jaw fell on table...there were over 70,000 files and total size of the folder was over 3gb...hopefuly a solution for simular issue was requested not long time ago, so its easy to create cron job that would automaticaly clean up that folder every NN days.

PS: why haven't you dropped me a line for two days?  :( I saw you've read my posts and made the suggested correction to the code (first page). Please say something  :P
Because I didnt have to...you are one of not so many (unfortunetly) people here who dont sit and wait for an answer, but trying figure out by yourself ;)
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline ciprianmp

• Php just rocks!
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #262 on: April 01, 2006, 01:32:29 AM »
Very cool solution (the ip.png file)! Pretty doable though!
Now what about the cron job? I think we could use a clean up script in the signature.php, using the time of the files to delete those older then one day, at every load I mean... If you're talking about cron job, it makes me think about those in the cpanel. Was that what you're talking about?
I'll try to figure out a piece of code to do that. If you have something to let me start with, it would be cool. If not, it's ok... I got some ideas. TTY you soon! ;)

Thank you for the second input!

Offline Stoleti

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 01, 2006, 02:30:12 AM »
how change the color of letter to "white" in signature ??

can someone help me ?

Offline ciprianmp

• Php just rocks!
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #264 on: April 01, 2006, 03:03:03 AM »
Search for this line:
  $text_color = ImageColorAllocate ($im, 0, 0, 0);Change the values to: ($im, 255, 255, 255);

Here is a link which shows you the HTML color codes: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Network/2397/

Offline Stoleti

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 01, 2006, 04:32:00 AM »
Search for this line:
  $text_color = ImageColorAllocate ($im, 0, 0, 0);Change the values to: ($im, 255, 255, 255);

Here is a link which shows you the HTML color codes: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Network/2397/

:P thanks alot :D

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #266 on: April 01, 2006, 06:31:11 AM »
This is the command could be used to clean up cache directory:
http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=8476.msg65065#msg65065
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline elvedix

• Pre-Newbie
  • Bosanceros.Com
    • View Profile
    • Bosanceros.Com
« Reply #267 on: April 08, 2006, 02:59:46 PM »
V@no tnx for nice code....

Offline BartAfterDark

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 09, 2006, 08:16:04 PM »
It wont show the members right for me.
It shows members 45 but there is over 4400 members. How can that be?
I used the code V@no posted on the first site.

Offline tripiyon

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 01, 2006, 09:28:36 PM »
Hello to all,
I would like to know if the possibility that exists the Visualizations and the Unloadings of the gallery are seen?

P.D.: I hope you prune to excuse my English, I have had to use a translator  :roll:
(Espero podáis disculpar mi inglés, he tenido que usar un traductor)