4images Forum & Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2018, 10:49:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Follow 4images on twitter: Click here to follow!
Togle to toolbar
Translate this page with =>
Translate this page >
* Home Help Search Login Register

+  4images Forum & Community
|-+  4images Help / Hilfe
| |-+  FAQ, Tips
| | |-+  Why is a directory listing shown instead of index.php?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Why is a directory listing shown instead of index.php?  (Read 23824 times)
Chris
4images Moderator
4images Guru

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 31

Did u ever stop to think and then forget to start?

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2005, 10:42:23 PM »

Quote  [Expand]
I downloaded the 4images package and the appropriate language pack. I also uploaded the files to my server and followed the directions found in docs/Installation.txt. Per the last instruction, I pointed my browser to the URL where I uploaded 4images, however I do not get the configuration/setup menu that I should. Instead I only see a directory listing with my files. What do I need to do to be able to get the setup menu to put in my database user/password/host/name?

Your web server doesn't know that it should look for a file named index.php. And since it can't find any file named index.htm or index.html, it displays the directory listing instead.

If you're using Apache, create a file named .htaccess (note the leading period character) in the top-level of your 4images directory, or web root, and place inside it the following line:
DirectoryIndex index.php index.htm index.html

This tells the Apache web server to first look for a file named index.php, then index.htm and finally index.html when a URL is entered in a browser without a file name. If you want to disable the directory listing for directories with no index.php or index.htm* files, add this line:
# Disable directory listings in the web browser
Options -Indexes

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: