Author Topic: Thumbnail, Fullsize Image and File  (Read 6097 times)

Offline gaurlen

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Thumbnail, Fullsize Image and File
« on: June 09, 2003, 05:47:21 PM »
Hi,

Apologies if this has already been requested but I'm unable to find the answer.

I have *.exe files available for download and would like to be able to show a thumbnail on category pages and display a full size image on the details page, as well as have the links to download the *.exe / *.rar files.

or alternativly upload full size image as the thumbnail but only display image @ 50% size on category pages but show full size image on details page.

If this at all possible, please could you provide instructions how?

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2003, 09:51:09 PM »
yes, u can specify the download url in image properties. Point it to your .exe files.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline gaurlen

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2003, 04:18:09 PM »
That didn't work!

The download buttons became links for the image instead of the url to the .exe file.

I have the thumbnail image displayed on the details page but if I edit 'includes/funtions.php' to reduce display size of thumbnail on category pages it also reduces size of thumbail on details page.

Any more ideas?

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2003, 08:35:05 PM »
Quote from: gaurlen
That didn't work!

The download buttons became links for the image instead of the url to the .exe file.
I dont know what are u talking about, because when u edit image in ACP, and specifyed download URL, download button will use that url instead of original image.

Quote from: gaurlen
I have the thumbnail image displayed on the details page but if I edit 'includes/funtions.php' to reduce display size of thumbnail on category pages it also reduces size of thumbail on details page.

Any more ideas?
well, I guess, upload two sizes thumbnails, one for categories (as normal thumbnails) and another for details (bigger size as original image)
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline niad

• View Profile
Re: Thumbnail, Fullsize Image and File
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 01:29:22 PM »
Only Admins can do what you have suggest V@no : "yes, u can specify the download url in image properties. Point it to your .exe files."

but members who are using the upload page have only 2 options:

1. Upload Category file (zip or exe for example)
2. Thumbnail file (Can't upload big size thumbnail in pixels, because the random images on every page of the 4Images site, will look so huge and will destroy the structure of the page)

There is no option for full preview of the uploaded file (for example zip, exe)

Can someone please give some answer on this problem?  :oops: I am talking about a 4Images site with many members, not a personal site.
I love 4images, it is really great work!