Author Topic: Waht is "lightbox"?  (Read 13137 times)

Offline CaribeJoe

• View Profile
    • http://www.mycaribbean.info
Waht is "lightbox"?
« on: April 05, 2003, 04:56:12 AM »
I realize this may be a very simple and obvious issue for those in the know, but if the application is going to have acceptance, these are reasonable questions.

What is a Lightbox?

I am looking at a screen that offers:

Lightbox       Delete lightbox
Found: 0 image(s) on 0 page(s). Displayed: image 0 to 0.
Lightbox last updated: 04.03.2003 16:56    

No images stored in your lightbox.

But not a single clue as to how to what lightbox does, why it does and how to implement it. There are no links or prompts or anything to tell me what to do with the above information.

All I'm seeing that offers the possibility of interaction is a non-functioning "download" button. Why is it there now if it isn't fucntional on this screen?

What would I be downloading?  I can guess (which I shoud not have to) that I can download after I have uploaded but why would I need to download something that I uploaded in the first place? Or is "download" really "delete"?

Very confusing and no guidance anywhere.

Does everyone wanting to use the program have to pester all the cognoscenti with basic questions just to use this thing?
Thank you,
CaribeJoe

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Waht is "lightbox"?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2003, 05:40:32 AM »
At the begining I was confused too...never heard that word :D
but Lightbox u can call as:
Albom
Favorities
Bookmark
Shop Cart

by default only registered users can use that feature, but u can find a mod that will let guest use it too.
Under each picture there a button that will put or delete that selected picture from the lightbox.
so, u can just browse through the gallery and pic the pictures u like from any categories, put them in the lightbox and later on u can just view only those pictures. Very nice feature. Also, lightbox will allow u download pictures at-once using .zip compression (ofcourse only if admin allow downloading pictures from specific category)
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline moniquita

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Waht is "lightbox"?
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 08:36:44 AM »
I would like to change "lightbox" to "favorites". Has anyone already done so?

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 09:04:41 AM »
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline martrix

• View Profile
    • overlord.cz
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 10:39:28 AM »
yes
:D

@ moniquita

if you'd like to do that task - that's not so complicated ;)

Open the language file under lang/<yourlanguage>/main.php
and replace any appearance of "lightbox" by "favorites" (or anything else you want like "My favorites" "Album" etc.)
then go to templates/<yourtemplate>/images/
and edit these 3 files:
lightbox_no.gif
lightbox_off.gif
lightbox_yes.gif

(you might replace these byt the pictures posted by Jan in this thread: http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=1094.msg4619#msg4619 )

voilá!

:D
MAяTRIX

Offline moniquita

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 05:02:32 AM »
Thank you very much, it worked!

Offline mitchell

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2005, 11:32:09 PM »
I followed the steps but all the text that says"lightbox" has disappeared. Are there other pages where I need to change "lightbox" to "favorites"?

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2005, 02:09:37 AM »
no, unless u find one where it still says "lightbox" ;)

Offline martrix

• View Profile
    • overlord.cz
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2005, 11:17:09 AM »
I followed the steps but all the text that says"lightbox" has disappeared. Are there other pages where I need to change "lightbox" to "favorites"?
I wrote "replace" not delete ;)
Could it be, that you deleted the "lightbox" entries from your lang-file?
MAяTRIX

Offline mitchell

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2005, 05:49:30 PM »
I know just enough to be dangerous  :mrgreen:  but I think I figured it out- or at least did something that seems to work. In addition to replacing all appearances of "lightbox" with "favorites" in the main.php languague file, I replaced it in all the pages where I found it, except for the line where it says
Code: [Select]
  "url_favorites" => $site_sess->url(ROOT_PATH."lightbox.php")Also, everywhere the line "LIGHTBOXES_TABLE" appears I left alone.

Not sure if that's what I was supposed to do, but it seems to have worked. <shrugs>

Offline martrix

• View Profile
    • overlord.cz
Re: What is "lightbox"?
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2005, 10:59:53 PM »
 :| Well, if I do understand id well, what you said, then you did just rename the variables in the php-code from whatever_lightbox to whatever_favorites - which makes no change to the function and lay-out or design at all  :lol:
A variable containint the url to your bookmarked pictures will be allwaya a variable containing these data, no matter if it is called "url_favorities" "url_album" or whatever else...
If you do replace text in main.php of your language pack from lightbox to album, the galery will show you "album" instead of lightbox...
but to be sure: you MUST NOT change the name of the variable, but the variable itself...
example:
$lang['lightbox'] = "Lightbox";
$lang['lightbox_no_images'] = "No images stored in your lightbox.";
etc.

red - must not be changed - name of the variable
grenn - might be changed to whatever you want to call your lightbox...

And the next step is to edit all the button-images saying "lightbox" to anything you want to call it instead...
MAяTRIX