Author Topic: Number of Categories?  (Read 5964 times)

Offline aviceda

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.aviceda.org
Number of Categories?
« on: March 26, 2003, 11:16:38 AM »
:?: Hi Jan,

I'm trying to set up my album, is there are a maximum number of categories allowed?

It might sound excessive but I'm trying to create a category for each bird species in the Australasian Region, and the program doesn't seem to work after 1500 categories.....is this correct and can I increase it,  I only have another 1-200 left to include!

Please see http://www.aviceda.org/fourimages/

Tom

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Number of Categories?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2003, 12:31:21 PM »
no, there is no any restrictions, and where is the problem? how it doesnt work?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline aviceda

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.aviceda.org
Number of Categories?
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2003, 11:40:34 AM »
:)

Had my first error message when uploading categories, and by sheer coincidence it was #1500!  Continued today without any major dramas.

Thanks for your assistance.
Tom

Offline bxbx

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Number of Categories?
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 08:38:02 AM »
I am having some trouble with the categories on my installation.  I have 1474 categories and 17077 images that take up 5.9 GB of space.  I'm not sure around what category things stopped working but I can no longer view the Edit Categories page in the admin area.  It just comes up with an IE error message as if the page is totally missing.  I also have a sitemap mod installed and this stopped working too.  I use a custom script to add categories since I add so many at one time.  This script includes a part that autosorts alphabetically.  Is it possible that I have done something wrong with the cat_order field?  It worked just fine until about a day ago when I added about 100 new categories.  I am using version 1.7.1.  I know that 1.7.2 is out now but I have made so many modifications to 1.7.1 that it would be hard to basically start over from scratch.  Any ideas about what might be causing this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 11:41:58 AM »
for starters, try use fresh global.php, see if it helps.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline bxbx

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 06:05:47 PM »
I replaced globals.php with a fresh copy and still get the same results.  The other night after I posted my original question I tried an experiment that I'll share with you. 

I looked at the change log for 1.7.2 and decided that maybe I would try the categories.php file in the admin folder from 1.7.2.  I replaced the categories.php in my 1.7.1 installation with the one from 1.7.2 and then I could see categories again.  The sitemap did still does not work though.  I am wondering what is different between the two versions that one works and one does not.  Maybe if I could figure that out I could fix my problem.