Author Topic: Download URL support for local network?  (Read 6508 times)

Offline Streetwise

• View Profile
Download URL support for local network?
« on: March 25, 2003, 04:10:47 PM »
I am reposting a question here from the troubleshooting forum as this is apparently more of a mod than a troubleshooting issue:

I need to have the Download URL support a link to a local network such as: http://snapserver_1/images/AV3311.eps

Apparently there has to be a presence of both "www" and ".com" (or .something) in the URL for a sucessful upload of an image with a download path.

I'm looking for a way to be able to use a path that always starts out with "http://snapserver_1/" to be able to download from a network share.

V@no was kind enough to have me try a few things to the member.php file, but with no luck.

I've tried replacing:

Code:

$remote_media_file = format_url(un_htmlspecialchars(trim($HTTP_POST_VARS['remote_media_file'])));
  $remote_thumb_file = format_url(un_htmlspecialchars(trim($HTTP_POST_VARS['remote_thumb_file'])));

in member.php
with Code:

$remote_media_file = un_htmlspecialchars(trim($HTTP_POST_VARS['remote_media_file']));
  $remote_thumb_file = un_htmlspecialchars(trim($HTTP_POST_VARS['remote_thumb_file']));

I've also tried replacing:

Code:

if ((empty($HTTP_POST_FILES['media_file']['tmp_name']) || $HTTP_POST_FILES['media_file']['tmp_name'] == "none") && ($remote_media_file == "" || !check_remote_media($remote_media_file))) {

replace with:
Code:

if ((empty($HTTP_POST_FILES['media_file']['tmp_name']) || $HTTP_POST_FILES['media_file']['tmp_name'] == "none") && ($remote_media_file == "")) {

Neither seems to work. I still get an error when I try to upload. (The page displays with red words in the Download URL area indicating that there's a problem.

Looking at the members.php file, it looks to me like it has to be something with modifying:

$image_download_url = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['image_download_url'])) ? format_url(un_htmlspecialchars(trim($HTTP_POST_VARS['image_download_url']))) : "";

to remove the "www" and ".com" checking.

Any ideas in this MOD forum?

Thanks for your help!

Dave Anderson

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2003, 10:50:56 PM »
download_url?
I dont think it has anything to do, because by default there is no field, where users can add download url.
but, anyway try to change it to:
Code: [Select]
$image_download_url = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['image_download_url'])) ? un_htmlspecialchars(trim($HTTP_POST_VARS['image_download_url'])) : "";
I dont think this will help

but, here is another question:
did u add .eps extention to allowed, in the settings?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Streetwise

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2003, 11:22:53 PM »
Quote from: V@no
but, here is another question:
did u add .eps extention to allowed, in the settings?

:oops:  Um. No. Where would I add that? Settings in the control panel?

So you're saying that the download URL has more to do with:

if ((empty($HTTP_POST_FILES['media_file']['tmp_name']) || $HTTP_POST_FILES['media_file']['tmp_name'] == "none") && ($remote_media_file == "")) {  

Any ideas as to how to remove the www and .com requirements? Or better yet, be able to hard code http://snapserver_1/ into it?

Thanks

Dave Anderson

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2003, 11:27:14 PM »
Quote from: Streetwise
:oops:  Um. No. Where would I add that? Settings in the control panel?

yes, in the settings, there is a text field, where u add extensios that u want allowed be uploaded.

when u add the extension, try do one or more changes u already tryed before ;)
also, try upload an image trough ACP
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Streetwise

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2003, 03:26:08 PM »

when u add the extension, try do one or more changes u already tryed before ;)
also, try upload an image trough ACP

I added .eps to the list of allowable extensions. I then edited member.php to reflect each of the three suggested modification's, both individually, and all together. Still no luck...

http://snapserver_1/myimage.eps is apparently not a valid URL. But as soon as I add a 'www' and '.com', then it works fine...

:?   It *has* to be as simple as figuring out how to strip out the URL formating stuff for the "Download URL" field...

As always, V@no, thanks for the suggestions. Keep 'em coming!

Dave

Offline Streetwise

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2003, 05:50:19 PM »

It *has* to be as simple as figuring out how to strip out the URL formating stuff for the "Download URL" field...

Ahem. Official way to link "Download URL" to a network server location:

Drumroll......

just use a relative path! That's right... a relative path.

What I discovered is that since (in my case), "snapserver_1" is on our network as part of the domain, I do not need to have the URL be "http://snapserver_1/myimage.eps" even though that's a valid URL from within the network.

All I need to do is to use "//snapserver_1/myimage.eps" which 4Images doesn't seem to balk at. No muss, No fuss... No edit to members.php needed...

:mrgreen:

Thanks V@no/Jan for your help and suggestions!

Dave Anderson

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2003, 06:00:47 PM »

Doh!
lol :lol:

Offline Streetwise

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2003, 06:08:39 PM »

Doh!
lol :lol:

hehehe!  :D

--Dave