Author Topic: How does active/inactive image logic work?  (Read 2736 times)

Offline jengwen

• View Profile
    • http://www.jenrichardsphotography.com
How does active/inactive image logic work?
« on: March 20, 2003, 04:55:19 PM »
I have alot of images that are similar to each other.  I have over 700 images in my animal category, so browsing the thumbnails is getting cumbersome.  I am thinking of leaving just the best few out there of each animal and making the rest inactive.

However, I would like the 'More like this' mod I created to find both active and inactive images.  That way, if someone is interested in a particular type of image, but isn't seeing the angle or cropping they prefer, I could show them more choices.

Are the inactive images in all the databases and search indexes?  I am thinking there might just be a check in the thumbnail displays that makes sure it is active.  If this is the case, I could just tweak that code to display inactive images in certain cases.  I am the only one who can add images, so I don't have to worry about any images being inactive out there that I don't know about.

My other thought was to put them all in a special folder that I hard-code to hide on the main categories page.  My only concern with this is that it might be confusing when they show up after a search with a category name that isn't seen anywhere else or with no category name if I hard-code it to work that way.  

Any input or suggestions would be appreciated.