Author Topic: Changing File Extentions  (Read 7384 times)

Offline PamBreeze

• I'm Not Crazy...I'm Just Me!
    • View Profile
    • Emanon Creations
Changing File Extentions
« on: July 10, 2013, 08:40:26 AM »
Okay have looked and cannot find this question...Probably because I am the only one who doesn't know it can't be done. :lol: All of my Wallpapers are in .zip format. I would like to change them to their original format. Is there a way of doing this other than one by one without changing the detail information? I am guessing no but thought I would ask before I take on the daunting task of changing thousands of files one by one.  8O Thank-You!

Rembrandt

Re: Changing File Extentions
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 06:18:38 PM »
Hi!
I think there is a way.
Not all "zip" at once, but each time the Detailpage is called, at this moment the "zipfile" is converted.
One Question, are this real ZipFiles or only renamed files.

mfg Andi

Offline PamBreeze

• View Profile
    • Emanon Creations
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 06:22:04 PM »
They are real zip files I zipped them to save space but wanted to add the mod to allow people to select WP sizes and for that you need actual images.

Offline budduke

• View Profile
    • http://www.budduke.com
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 02:54:43 AM »
They are real zip files I zipped them to save space but wanted to add the mod to allow people to select WP sizes and for that you need actual images.
Interesting,
I am assuming you are talking about adding my Mod (multi download sizes) ?
The way I think I understand your site. You have the actual images uploaded to your site as zip files so when the user clicks on the download buttom, they are downloading the zip file containing the jpg image?
Are you creating the thumbnails and preview images by hand before you upload the zip file because I do not think they would be created on the fly when uploading zip files.

The way I unserstand it, my mod would have to unzip the image to the tmp folder? maybe, resize it for whatever size they selected, and then store that new resized image in the big folder for later downloads. Not sure how much I would have to change to pull that off.
Can you PM me or post a link to your site so I can see what you are working with?

As far as doing what you are posting and changing the zip files back to image files. Not only would you have to unzip each one individually, you would also need to modify the database entry for each one to point to the new image file instead of the zip file.
It may be possible to create a script to do both of those things but would need more info before I would think about trying it.
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline PamBreeze

• View Profile
    • Emanon Creations
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 06:52:24 AM »
Yes you got it all right. Here is my one site... http://www.emanoncreations.com/index.php Thank you for any help.

Offline budduke

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 01:54:50 AM »
From looking over your site and my mod, It would take too much rewrite on the mod to work with zip files so it looks like you need to replace the zip files with the original files...  :(

what I would do to speed things up is to download the folder structure of your media folder from your site to your personal computer (or at least the folders that have the zip files in them that you want to convert)
I use winrar and what I saw playing with it, if you highlight all the zip files in that folder, right-click on the batch, and then say "extract here" then they will be extracted all at once for that folder.
Then you would need to delete the zip files and then reupload the folder with the image file in them to you site again. but the database would need to be modifield before you upload them.

The big test will be changing the database entries easily for each of those files. I think I will have a script for you to run in the next couple of days. I want to test it first.
but I thought you could at least get your images ready to be reuploaded in the meantime unless you think it would be too much work to do and then I will not try to creat the script.
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline PamBreeze

• View Profile
    • Emanon Creations
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 03:12:59 AM »
Whatever you can do would help anything is better then having to change each file one at a time. TY!

Offline budduke

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 08:06:13 PM »
Whatever you can do would help anything is better then having to change each file one at a time. TY!

I was starting to work on a script but when I looked over your site, it looks like you got everything fixed. I could not find any zip files except for the screensaver area.
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline PamBreeze

• View Profile
    • Emanon Creations
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 11:07:01 PM »
Yes I just did them so much at a time just finished up last night. Thanks for the offer though!