Author Topic: "Defined search" in the subcategories (drop down menu)?  (Read 3957 times)

Offline toonks

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
"Defined search" in the subcategories (drop down menu)?
« on: June 10, 2013, 10:37:48 PM »
I don't know if this already exist but is there a way to have a "defined search" in the subcategories?

For example if my category is called Nature
Then the next subcategory is called Plants and trees
Then the final subcategory is called Flowers

Is there a way to have drop-down menus to choose what you want to see in the Flowers category? For example drop-down 1: Types of flowers, drop-down 2: Colours

So if a member decide that s/he wants to view only Roses in the flower category, you can choose that in a drop-down menu and all images of roses will appear. Then s/he wants to view purple flowers so s/he clicks (in the colour drop down) the colour purple to view all images of purple roses. To reset or choose something else you just use the drop down again.

I also want the drop downs to be different for each subcategory, so the first subcategory is Flowers with drop down options such as types of flowers, colours etc and the next subcategory is Trees with drop down options such as different countries, seasons etc (basically only sub-sub-categories showing for each sub-category).

What I'm looking for is something similar to what they have at fanfiction.net (main category with books, movies, tv-shows etc., then a subcategory with different tv-shows for example where you can choose to define it more: http://www.fanfiction.net/book/Harry-Potter/)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 12:39:43 AM by toonks »

Offline toonks

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: "Defined search" in the subcategories (drop down menu)?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 06:13:57 PM »
After two days of trying to tweak and edit I think I can make one of these mods myself (which I can post here if it's a success) but I'm wondering if it's possible to separate subcategories from sub-subcategories? The main categories are on one page (home.html) and then all the subcategoriers are in categories.html but if my main category is called nature (on home.html) is it possible to put the categories under nature (for example plants and tress, mountains, sky, mineral etc.) and then when you click on one of them you get a whole new page (for example categories2.html)?

I'm only asking because I don't think I can have drop down menus for only the sub-subcategories if the script is as it is right now.