4images Forum & Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 21, 2014, 07:02:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Togle to toolbar
Translate this page with =>
Translate this page >
* Home Help Search Login Register

+  4images Forum & Community
|-+  4images Issues / Ausgaben
| |-+  Discussion & Troubleshooting (Moderators: Acidgod, ivan, Rembrandt)
| | |-+  Too many open index.php in admin panel visitors list!!!
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Too many open index.php in admin panel visitors list!!!  (Read 2078 times)
Eagle Eye

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 0

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2012, 12:29:36 PM »

On a website that receives very little visitors, logging into the admin panel, In the visitors list i noticed hundreds of index.php by same ip address. This caused the mySQL server to crash and the host started complaining to fix this problem. When i checked the ip address, it belong to a search engine bot.

After a little search on this forum, i came to the conclusion that its an open db connection that was not closed and resulted in too many open mySQL connections. What could be the reason of this?

Anyway i tried a crude fix.... in the home.html template, i included
$site_db->close();

and after few minutes removed it..... this somehow seemed to fix all the problem.... all the extra index.php went away and the mysql server came back to normal.

Can any one please explain why there are multiple index.php listing from the same ip and why this causes the mysql server to become unavailable or slow and why the above code seems to fix it  Rolling Eyes

Thanks

Edit: Is there a way to limit the number of parallel connections from same ip, will this solve this issue?

Edit2: If i set "mysql.allow_persistent" to "off" will it solve this problem? Will it have any negative effect on the script?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 06:17:41 PM by Eagle Eye » Logged
Rembrandt
4images Guru

Thank You
-Given: 108
-Receive: 860

Vienna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 07:37:41 AM »

Hi!
On a website that receives very little visitors, logging into the admin panel, In the visitors list i noticed hundreds of index.php by same ip address. ....

Do not get Deceive, in the ACP you see all IP addresses for the current session time.
This does not mean that the IP address is still connected.
Set the "General/Settngs/Session timeout in minutes" to one minutes and you can see what address is actually connected.

read this Article

what for "search engine bot" is it?

mfg Andi

Follow members gave a thank to your post:
Eagle Eye

For this post, 1 member gave a thank you!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 07:49:01 AM by Rembrandt » Logged

Meine 4Images Modifikationen  Now over 100 Modification Online!    Meine 4images Demo Seite

Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Eagle Eye

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 01:45:33 PM »

Thanks, this seems to have fixed the problem!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: