Author Topic: Modification needed to customize 4images admin area  (Read 17539 times)

Offline dneibert

• View Profile
Modification needed to customize 4images admin area
« on: January 08, 2011, 06:42:31 PM »
Hi, I have tried to get the answer to this in the forums but no one seems to know the answer. I need the following done:

For my gallery, I need 3 files for each image:
1) A thumbnail—done.
2) A jpeg preview—done.
3) And then for the download, I want it to link to a larger file. But right now I have to manually go in type in the URL for the download file for every image. I would like it to populate that area automatically when I import images. Please tell me how much it will cost for this modification. Thanks!

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Modification needed to customize 4images admin area
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 07:36:32 PM »
in admin/images.php find:
  show_input_row($lang['field_download_url'].$lang['download_url_desc'], "image_download_url"$image_row['image_download_url'], $textinput_size);

Insert above:

if (empty(
$image_row['image_download_url']) && !is_remote($image_row['image_media_file']))

{

$image_row['image_download_url'] = "/home/danane5/public_html/stock/data/".$image_row['cat_id']."/".$image_row['image_media_file'];

}
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:38:51 AM by V@no »
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline dneibert

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 07:24:10 AM »
Thank you very much for the help. But it is not working for me. I don't know if this matters, but I manually upload my images via FTP. Thumbnails to thumbnail folder, preview to media folder, and then the larger image to the 1200 folder. Then I used the check new images function. But it is not working. Any thoughts?

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 09:08:30 AM »
"not working" doesn't help..more details needed
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline dneibert

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 03:02:22 PM »
Sorry! I have inserted the code as you noted. Then I uploaded my three files to their respective locations. Then I used check new images to import them to the gallery. But only the thumbnail and preview pictures are importing. The download link still just downloads the preview image and not my large image. When I go to edit the image to check to see if it inserted the download link, it has not. Any thoughts?

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 12:39:51 AM »
Ops, my bad, that new code meant to be added above, not below (I've updated my post).
Also, it only works when you edit an image.

Offline dneibert

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 01:20:12 AM »
Is there any way to make it do what I need to do? I will have a project coming up where I will be adding hundreds of images a day. I don't want to have to edit each image in order to make the link for the bigger download. Any suggestions?

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 03:15:03 AM »
Try this. In admin/checkimages.php find:
$sql "INSERT INTO ".IMAGES_TABLE."

Insert above:
if (empty($image_download_url) && !is_remote($image_media_file))
{

$image_download_url addslashes("/home/danane5/public_html/stock/data/".$cat_id."/".$image_media_file);
}

Offline dneibert

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 07:21:47 AM »
Thank you so much! It works great!