Author Topic: [solved] Showing only Login Blog for guests  (Read 4228 times)

Offline Yentl

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
[solved] Showing only Login Blog for guests
« on: October 30, 2010, 08:09:42 PM »
Hello,

I just found 4images and I am already a great fan - so much better than gallery 3 - honestly!

I want to use this gallery to set up a website where I show all my pictures to family and friends and to give them the chance to comment them and upload their own pictures. Naturally we do not want others to see your pictures. I just couldn't figure out how to restrict the galleries in such a way.

Do I need a mod? Have I overlooked something? I used the search here on this website, but I am not sure if I am already good enough with this software to actually find the right postings. Please forgive me, if I am double asking here.

Thanks for your support,

Yentl
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 11:05:39 PM by Yentl »

Offline x23piracy

• View Profile
    • FHG
Re: Showing only Login Blog for guests
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 08:50:19 PM »
Hi,

set account activation to "by admin".

Greetz X23

Don't trust in md5 it's unsafe change your 4i galerys password hash algorythm! second pw db field, create new hashes over some time, deny old hash. Help members that cry, send informationen mail to the rest. Camouflage new pw hash in cookie. Done!

--(◔̯◔)--

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 08:58:33 PM »
Hello and welcome to 4images forum.

All you need to do is set categories permission "View category" to "registered users" and create account for each of your family member so they can login.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Yentl

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 11:05:06 PM »
Thank you very much for your fast answers.

I overlooked the permission settings for the categories. I thought there is a way that the 'Categories' and 'New Images' Blocks on the starting page would completely desappear and not just showing = categories, etc.

Really so easy to use and present!

Yentl