Author Topic: Umlaute beim FTP Upload - mal geht es, mal nicht  (Read 8460 times)

Offline a6504150

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Umlaute beim FTP Upload - mal geht es, mal nicht
« on: September 26, 2010, 11:33:53 PM »
Hallo zusammen,

hab jetzt die ganze menge Topics im Forum durchgelesen, habe aber keine vernünftige Lösung meines Problems gefunden, bitte um eure Hilfe!

Also, ich versuche ein Bild (namens "Bild mit äöüß.jpg") über FTP hochzuladen, gehe dann "Neue Bilder Checken". Alle IPTC Schlüsselwöter, Kommentare usw. sind richtig angezeigt, nur der Name nicht, wird dann auf "Bild mit äöüß".

Das komischste dabei ist, dass wenn ich es von meinem lokalen Server (Denwer) ausführe - dann ist der Name problemlos übernommen! Screenshot ist im Attach.

Verstehe dann einfach nicht - es geht eigentlich, was habe ich dann falsch bei meinem Online-Server??

Danke im Voraus für eure Hilfe!

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Umlaute beim FTP Upload - mal geht es, mal nicht
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 02:05:02 AM »
Hello and welcome to 4images forum.

It seems the issue is due to differences in character encoding on your local server versus web server. It also looks like you were using different browsers for your local server and web server. Test it in the same browser and check View menu -> Encoding, make sure on both servers it set to the same encoding.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline a6504150

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 04:37:13 AM »
Vano, Thanks for your rapid answer!

The funniest thing is, that the encodings ARE the same and the browsers too. I've checked this on the last Firefox 3.6, IE8 and in Chrome 7.

There are now 2 screens from both the sites:

1. the first is a local one under the Denwer

2. the second one is from the web

You see, it's the same browser and the same encodings. Only the results ARE NOT...

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 04:56:16 AM »
Interesting.

What if you upload that image via ACP (Admin Control Panel) ?
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline a6504150

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 07:18:00 AM »
Interesting.

What if you upload that image via ACP (Admin Control Panel) ?

Yep, me too =)

Via ACP is everything OK, plz see the screens

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 06:06:23 AM »
the thing is, I can't reproduce this on my local and remote servers...there must be something like system's locale or something interference with this. By the letters count it looks like the server converts these letters into multi-byte (UTF8/Unicode) charset... I'd bet if you change in your browser charset to UTF8 it would show the name correctly

If you wish, PM me with FTP login info to your server so I could do some testings.

Offline a6504150

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 05:28:11 PM »
I'd bet if you change in your browser charset to UTF8 it would show the name correctly

yep, the name is correct now. But ONLY the name :). All other words with Umlauts are now rubbisch

UPD: PM is out

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 06:15:22 AM »
Ok, here is what I found out:
Your server saves files into the encoding your ftp client is setup to. I'm testing it with FireFTP and it has option to change encoding. When I changed to ISO-8859-1 it would save and show filenames correctly in 4images.

I've updated your checkimages.php with auto conversion from UTF-8 to ISO-8859-1 charset, theoretically it should now work with UTF8 encoding in your ftp client. If you have problem with that you can turn it off via $convert_encoding variable.

I'll release this version which includes some bug fixes later at [MOD] Check new images in ALL categories

Offline a6504150

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 09:06:50 AM »
Hi Vano,

yes, now the name is right, thanks!

I'm using FileZilla (3.3.2.1) and have found no option for encoding.. well, it doesn't matter, we have the solution and it works :)

Thanks one more time!