Author Topic: RSS feed for random image  (Read 4619 times)

Offline PointPixels

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
RSS feed for random image
« on: May 10, 2010, 04:27:26 AM »
I'm looking for a way to post a random image of the day to Twitter once each day.  I looked at using one of the many auto-tweeting programs available, but most require you to create each tweet individually and select a time to tweet it, or cost money.

What I'm think is that I can automatically tweet from an RSS feed that's generated each day with a random photo.  Could anyone offer any suggestions or help with how I might create an RSS feed updated each day with a random image?

Thanks for your help in advance.

EDIT: Edited thread title to clarify what I'm trying to do.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 04:24:03 PM by PointPixels »

Offline GaYan

• ♫ | G2 | ♫
    • View Profile
    • Ziramagic
Re: Post random image to Twitter with RSS
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 08:03:44 AM »
hmm.. This is not related to 4images , but i dont think that twitter allows you to post images for the status messages  :|

anyway,,you can install the rss with images mod , so the rss will carry a thumbnail ;)
I'm Back :)

Offline PointPixels

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Post random image to Twitter with RSS
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 04:23:01 PM »
The reason I'm posting this here is because I'd like to generate the RSS feed within 4images, similar to how the default 4images RSS feed is generated.  I'll then just pick up the feed externally and use it how I need to.

I've thought about installing the photo of the day mod and then generating an RSS feed based on the image selected by the mod, similar to the standard 4images RSS feed, just with the photo of the day rather than new photos.  However, I'd really prefer it be entirely random, rather than based on hits, ratings, etc.