Author Topic: Gif files and zip files in 1.5 beta  (Read 11073 times)

Offline giffy007

• View Profile
Gif files and zip files in 1.5 beta
« on: May 04, 2002, 08:32:42 AM »
Hi we were trying your new update and having a problem with this :
When we click on dowload image (gif file) you can only save it as bitmap file,why is that  :?:
Also the zip download file does`nt appear beside the image but the settings in the control panel are set so all users can do so  :?:

I used the update from 1 to 1.5

Need help thanks

Giffy 8)

Offline Jan

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
    • 4images - Image Gallery Management System
Re: Gif files and zip files in 1.5 beta
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2002, 10:08:21 AM »
Quote from: giffy007
When we click on dowload image (gif file) you can only save it as bitmap file,why is that

Is it possible to see this in action? URL?

Also the zip download file does`nt appear beside the image but the settings in the control panel are set so all users can do so  :?:

You need zlib installed on the Sever, check this in phpinfo(). 4images detects this automatically, if your server has not the required modules installed, the zip-downloadbutton does'nt appear.

Greets Jan
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
1. Forum rules
2. FAQ
3. Search

Offline giffy007

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2002, 12:22:04 PM »
Well checking that about the zlib with our host , we have tried to remove the old install and make a new data base and a clean install of beta 1.5 , but still when i try to download a gif file it can only save it in bitmap format  :?: Is there anyone else having the same problem  :?:

Our server is a Apache Web Server 1.3.19 , Control panel Plesk Version v2.0.1 , if that helps any

Here is a link to it http://www.cazzoo.net/gifs/index.php

thanks

Giffy  :(

Offline Jan

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2002, 12:44:28 PM »
Ok, is see you have zlib installed but your php is running in safe mode. Thats the reason why you can't use the zip donwload function.

I tried to download the gif. Strange, if the the window opens i can download only as BMP, if i reload the browser window with the image, i can download as gif. I will look what i can do solving this problem..

Jan
1. Forum rules
2. FAQ
3. Search

Offline giffy007

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2002, 05:03:39 PM »
Ok but that sounds a little strange with it running on safe mode because because we have another script which can only run in normal mode so we asked our host to put it in normal mode and he did so we could use the other script and thats fine now . So as far as we know its in normal mode can it be something else  :?:

Is there anything else needed to run the script  :?:

Giffy :(

Offline Jan

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2002, 06:54:13 PM »
OK, try this:

In "includes/functions.php" change:
Code: [Select]
$target = (get_cfg_var("safe_mode") == 1 || (!empty($image_row['image_download_url']) && !is_remote_file($image_row['image_download_url']))) ? "target=\"_blank\"" : "";

to:

$target = (!empty($image_row['image_download_url']) && !is_remote_file($image_row['image_download_url'])) ? "target=\"_blank\"" : "";

in "download.php" change:

if (get_cfg_var("safe_mode") == 1 || $remote_url) {

to:

if ($remote_url) {

Check if this works...

Jan
1. Forum rules
2. FAQ
3. Search

Offline giffy007

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2002, 07:48:14 PM »
Hi i have tried this please take a look , now both download buttons do the same thing  :?:

One other thing the light box how can i download all images in a zip file :?:  There is no download icon to :?:

Giffy  :oops:

Offline Jan

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2002, 08:21:58 AM »
Hi i have tried this please take a look , now both download buttons do the same thing

No, it works correct now.
Click on the download button = direct download of the .gif
Click on the download-zip button = download of a .zip file with the .gif file in it

One other thing the light box how can i download all images in a zip file :?:  There is no download icon to

in "lightbox.php" change this line:
if ($action == "zip" && !empty($user_info['lightbox_image_ids']) && get_cfg_var("safe_mode") == 0 && function_exists("gzcompress") && function_exists("crc32")) {

to:
if ($action == "zip" && !empty($user_info['lightbox_image_ids']) && function_exists("gzcompress") && function_exists("crc32")) {

and this line:
if (!empty($user_info['lightbox_lastaction']) && get_cfg_var("safe_mode") == 0 && function_exists("gzcompress") && function_exists("crc32")) {

to:

if (!empty($user_info['lightbox_lastaction']) && function_exists("gzcompress") && function_exists("crc32")) {

Jan
1. Forum rules
2. FAQ
3. Search

Offline giffy007

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2002, 10:01:24 AM »
Hi cool Jan your the best , everything is working fine with the zip files now  :wink:

Giffy :lol: