Author Topic: Help with moving users from one database to another!  (Read 2642 times)

Offline Anarchology

• I LULZ too much!
    • View Profile
    • Tainted Pix
Help with moving users from one database to another!
« on: April 23, 2009, 12:13:16 AM »
Hey guys!

This is probably one of many questions I'll be asking during the time of moving my site to a VPS on another host. I'm currently creating an entirely new page setup including a fresh database. However, I would like to move the current users from my old database over to my new. I just am wanting the users ported over, and not the entire database, since I'm starting everything from scratch.

Can someone point me in the right direction on how I specifically move over just the users? Thanks in advance! 8)
A personal THANK YOU to all of the great programmers on this site for helping me get my site from something basic to what it is today!

My site: http://taintedpix.com
(warning: some adult content)

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Help with moving users from one database to another!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 01:46:16 AM »
you can do it via phpmyadmin:

Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)