Author Topic: pics aren't showing  (Read 6353 times)

Offline dimilinowski

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
pics aren't showing
« on: September 01, 2008, 04:29:30 AM »
Hi, everybody.  I'm new to the forum.  I've just installed 4images gallery under my Soholaunch platform and initially everything was working fine.  I logged out and then logged back in and my pictures won't show. Everything else is working, just not showing pics.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
dimilinowski

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: pics aren't showing
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 04:37:44 AM »
Hello and welcome to 4images forum.

Can we see it?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline dimilinowski

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 08:03:27 AM »
Thanks for the welcome.  Sure, you can see the page.  The address is www.heathsstuff.com/PHOTOS.

Please let me know something.

Thanks
Diane

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 08:51:08 AM »
I see one image there and the page looks fine to me...
If the problem still not resolved, maybe by explaining step by step what you did we can trace the problem.
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline dimilinowski

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 08:44:44 PM »
I added 4 images to my site through BlueVoda, under my cpanel.  Then changed settings for 4images, uploaded a test pic and initially everything worked.  Now if I try to view the pic from my home page www.heathsstuff.com/PHOTOS the photo will not display, nor will it display if I just type the address in myself for www.heathsstuff.com/PHOTOS.  There are x marks where the thumbnail should be.  However, I can still make changes in my administration panel.

Thanks
Diane

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 08:57:17 PM »
This is how homepage looks in my FF3:

and image details page:

Offline dimilinowski

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 06:52:39 AM »
I appreciate you showing me what it looks like in your browser, but in mine, it's still not showing any pictures.  Is there maybe some type of glitch with IE7?

Okay, I think I know what the problem is.  When you go to www.heathsstuff.com and click on the link to 4 images (the one that says MY PICS, not 4 images gallery) it pulls up the administrative panel, I think.  Is this possibly what is holding me up?  When I type in www.heathsstuff.com/PHOTOS (the actual link) then it shows the pictures.  Help me!

Thanks
Diane

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 06:59:39 AM »
I think your domain is not set up properly.
with www it works fine: www.heathsstuff.com/PHOTOS
but without www it doesnt: heathsstuff.com/PHOTOS