Author Topic: Another broken Admin Panel link  (Read 2674 times)

Offline Hunnenkoenig

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Another broken Admin Panel link
« on: August 10, 2008, 04:56:15 AM »
It will be a bit complicated. I hope I can explain it.

I tried to read the forum previously and I have found many problems with the Admin Panel link showing only a white page, but nothing seems to match my problem, so I try:

I installed 4images. Everything was fine. I made pretty much modifications, like new internal pages, templates etc. Everything worked fine. Then I realized that I have to move to a new subdomain on the same server (it's a free webspace provider). I exported the database, I created the new webspace, I imported the database and then I uploaded all files to the new FTP (without install). As I said, everything on the same server, just another subdomain.

Now everything works fine, but if I click the admin panel link in the footer, I get a white page. Now it comes the difference: if I delete "index.php" in the URL field of the browser, so i have only http://mysite.com/admin and I hit enter, the admin panel loads fine.

I tried to modify the link in the page_header.php and delete "index.php" from it, but then I can't load admin ever.

The modifications are not the problem. They aren't too deep to cause a problem, but enough for fresh install not being an option.

Anybody an idea?

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Another broken Admin Panel link
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 06:35:45 PM »
Hello and welcome to 4images forum.

1) what 4images version do you use?
2) a little server specifications could also be helpful (php version, server type (unix/windows), web server version, etc)
3) if you have access to error logs, is there any entries regarding admin panel?
4) if you don't have access to error logs, you can try change in global.php
error_reporting(E_ERROR E_WARNING E_PARSE);

with://error_reporting(E_ERROR | E_WARNING | E_PARSE);
error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set("display_errors"1);

and see if any errors shows
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Hunnenkoenig

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Another broken Admin Panel link
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 02:42:33 AM »
Thanks for reply.

Never mind. Today everything just works fine.  8O

If I have the problem again, I will report with error logs. I think, it must have been a server side error.