Author Topic: Forgot Admin Password...  (Read 5958 times)

Offline mss71ny

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Forgot Admin Password...
« on: May 27, 2007, 04:55:17 AM »
Hello,

I have read several posts on this topic and I am still confused.  I do not have phpMyAdmin installed on the server which hosts my 4images pages.  I do have a FTP application which I am quite familiar with, and thankfully still have full access to that (haven't forgotten the login/pw there).  Which file would I download and make changes to & then upload?  I've read stuff about adding a new user and setting some field to '9' - altho unfortunately I set my 4images admin to require me to validate new users manually (through the control panel which I don't have access too).

Thanks for your timely reply.
~Mike

Offline bradpavao

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Forgot Admin Password...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 04:50:52 AM »
Hello,
I am having same or similar problem. I go to reset my password via email, and when I go to login with the new provided user and password, the form reset to something else than I entered into password box then redirects me and says I am not the admistrator.  Have uninstalled 4images from startlogic server and reinstalled 3 times with no resolution.Spent many hours trying to search for resolution but with no luck. Don't have knowledge or sql or php but can follow detailed instructions.Any help gretaly appreciated in advance.
4images 1.7.11
windows 8 or xp sp3
Startlogic Hosting.

Rembrandt

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 05:15:33 AM »

Offline bradpavao

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 01:09:03 PM »
Greetings and thanks for the help. I tried to follow the instructions but some parts remain unclear. I  I do not know where or how to edit php stuff. Looked in file manager from my hosting site throughout 4images folder and cannot find anything to edit or to import locally adit then reupload. I am new to the wesite stuff but had experience in html, c++ Visual C ,  but that was about 10 yrs ago. Could anyone walk me through? I like the eatures of 4images and is exactly what I wish to use on my site. I don't feel like hitting all the html and css coding stuff i I don't have to to get site up and running.  Thank you very very much.  Brad

Offline senloel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 02:22:18 PM »
If you forgot your password simply use the "Forgot Password"-function on your website like it says in Rembrandt's link here:

Welcome to the Forum!

http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=1858.0

mfg Andi