Author Topic: HTTP Error 406 - Not acceptable - The resource cannot be displayed  (Read 10969 times)

Offline Ciarah

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Can someone please help me?! When people try to leave comments on user images or images of my own they are getting a 406 Error...   HTTP Error 406 - Not acceptable - The resource cannot be displayed. Any ideas?

Now mind you; when I try to do it from my domain through the pop up boxes that I have set, I can post comments on images, BUT if I open my 4images right from my internet explorer as a new browser window I get this code.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: HTTP Error 406 - Not acceptable - The resource cannot be displayed
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 03:23:19 PM »
Ok, this is third topic about this exact same issue in last 2 days, with some misterious "popup boxes" that are not exists in 4images itself...it sounds like same exact person starting these topics...how about we continue discuss this issue under the first topic?
do the search please.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Ciarah

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 03:26:31 PM »
Ok, this is third topic about this exact same issue in last 2 days, with some misterious "popup boxes" that are not exists in 4images itself...it sounds like same exact person starting these topics...how about we continue discuss this issue under the first topic?
do the search please.

Mysterious pop up boxes? How would you know, you never even checked it to make sure that I was wrong. Thank you, have a nice day.

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 03:33:16 PM »
Check what out? your site required registration in order to post comment, I'm not going to register on each and every site someone has a problem with. If you want me to check it out, YOU create a test account and provide login information along with the address to the site, otherwise dont expect much help.
As I said, please continue discussion about this issue under the original topic.
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 03:36:01 PM »
hmm...this is wierd...the other 2 topics are gone? wierd...
in this case, please post link to your site with login info for a test account.

Offline Ciarah

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 07:33:40 PM »
hmm...this is wierd...the other 2 topics are gone? wierd...
in this case, please post link to your site with login info for a test account.

i have already done that, i did that yesterday when you asked me to and you never did anything to even check it. Also, I would like to know where you came up with these "misterious popups"? I told you that i have my links set to "POPUP" I'm sorry that you mis-read things.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 07:50:17 PM by Ciarah »

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 12:39:11 AM »
If you did reply yesterday, where is the reply? I dont see it. Then if you sure you did reply yesterday, then why in the world did you start a new topic with exact same issue? Perpahs that topic is gone, then read above, I already said that. And perhaps that is the reason I never seen your reply because the topic is gone!
Now, you either fix your attitude and we continue peacefully try to find a solution, or you sit and wait for somebody else help you out, because at this point, I'm loosing any interest to try help you out.

So, link to the site with test account if you wish to continue.

Offline Ciarah

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 12:48:51 AM »
If you did reply yesterday, where is the reply? I dont see it. Then if you sure you did reply yesterday, then why in the world did you start a new topic with exact same issue? Perpahs that topic is gone, then read above, I already said that. And perhaps that is the reason I never seen your reply because the topic is gone!
Now, you either fix your attitude and we continue peacefully try to find a solution, or you sit and wait for somebody else help you out, because at this point, I'm loosing any interest to try help you out.

So, link to the site with test account if you wish to continue.

Here it is again; http://www.ex-hi-bi-tion.com/epaints/ the username is test and the password is test4images the main page that i was talking about that has the popups is; http://www.ex-hi-bi-tion.com/

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2006, 01:07:13 AM »
Ok, after few tests I came up to conclusion its your server that has a problem...
You can not have "+" in the request sent to the server and that character represent "space" in GET or POST requests...very stupid...

Look in phpinfo() and see if mod_security is installed into Apache server. If its installed, try this site:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=34270.0

And also, make sure you mention this problem to your host's administrator, they should know about it ;)

Offline Ciarah

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2006, 01:09:48 AM »
Ok, after few tests I came up to conclusion its your server that has a problem...
You can not have "+" in the request sent to the server and that character represent "space" in GET or POST requests...very stupid...

Look in phpinfo() and see if mod_security is installed into Apache server. If its installed, try this site:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=34270.0

And also, make sure you mention this problem to your host's administrator, they should know about it ;)

So in english that means?

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2006, 01:18:37 AM »
Ok,fine, wait for somebody else's help.
I'll pass.