Author Topic: postcards sent to "yahoo bulk folder"  (Read 8940 times)

Offline bunelul

• View Profile
postcards sent to "yahoo bulk folder"
« on: July 07, 2006, 11:31:58 AM »
Hello,

I`ve noticed that postcards sent to yahoo are not seen in most of cases. After investigation I noticed that all postcards sent to an yahoo mail account are filtered to bulk folder. Personally, almost never read the bulk folder from yahoo, and i`m not alone  :D . However, if the postcard is seen, e-mail notifications sent to yahoo accounts are not filtered in bulk folder. As long as more than 80% of visitors from my site are using yahoo to send e-mails i`m loosing a lot of people to enjoy postcards sent by their friends.

Useful info:  using 4images 1.7.1 with postcard notification

My suppose here:
1. emails get filtered because the mail header data (return-path) are not the same with "from" filed.
2. more?

My point here:
when sending postcard: to send it from my server, with all data on the header and "from" filed the same, and in the subject, text area to indicate clear who sent the postcard.

I think at this time i need your help to figure this out for testing, or to find another working solution.

Thanks.

Offline bunelul

• View Profile
Re: postcards sent to "yahoo bulk folder"
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 09:27:58 AM »
Bump!

Nobody here?

ok, reformulating:

1. how to change properly the "From" field in the header of the postcard sent mail (there is wrote by default the e-mail of the person sending postcard)? I want to change it to the site admin e-mail to prevent filtering to bulk folder on yahoo (possible others) mail system...
2. how to include in the title and body of the "sent postcard mail" the e-mail address of the sender?

thanks.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 09:37:30 AM »
1) in postcards.php find:
Code: [Select]
      $site_email->set_from(stripslashes($sender_email), stripslashes($sender_name));
Replace with:
      $site_email->set_from($config['site_email'], stripslashes($sender_name));
2) in lang/<your language>/email/postcard_message.html you can use {sender_name} and {sender_email} tags
and if you want to use these tags in the the headline, then find
      $site_email->set_subject($lang['send_postcard_emailsubject']);
Replace with:
      $site_email->set_subject(str_replace("{sender_name}", stripslashes($sender_name), str_replace("sender_email", stripslashes($sender_email), $lang['send_postcard_emailsubject'])));
then add these tags in lang/<your language>/main.php in $lang['send_postcard_emailsubject'] variable

but be aware, that if people try to reply to these emails, the reply will be send to your gallery email address instead.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline bunelul

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 09:46:13 AM »
but be aware, that if people try to reply to these emails, the reply will be send to your gallery email address instead.

Thank you, V@no for your replay. Is what i need, in fact i`ve tried to figure it out from the mail.php, to learn some more php coding but didn`t risk to put it up on the server.
Your solution is the simplest possible.

Thank you and have fun!!!

P.S. Today there`s one year of using 4images script today. I`m grateful to script developers and suppor enttusiasts. Thank You all!

Offline bunelul

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 10:12:10 AM »
A short note:

It works! and "postcard sent" e-mail with this modifications is not filtered to bulk folder!

Thanks, V@ano!