Author Topic: Adding a link in the gallery  (Read 24778 times)

Offline caminator

• View Profile
Adding a link in the gallery
« on: February 16, 2006, 01:17:25 AM »
Hi guys,

I started this thread here, http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=11615.0, but was told to start a new one here.

I found the clickstream option in my detainls.html file.  I tried to add another link in there that would allow people to go back to my index page of my website, but I'm not doing something right.  Cans omeone help me with this?  Thanks!!

Here is what I added.

"" />{clickstream}</td>
                 <td align="left">
                    <a href="www.caminator.com">BACK TO CAMINATOR.COM</a>
                 </td>

<td align="right">
                   <a href="{url_top_images}"><b>{lang_top_images}</b></a>&nbsp;
                  <a href="{url_new_images}"><b>{lang_new_images}</b></a>&nbsp;
                 </td>

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong here?  Thank you!

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Adding a link in the gallery
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 01:43:45 AM »
Before anyone could aswer what is wrong, perhaps you should state what is wrong...
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline caminator

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 01:53:58 AM »
It just doesn't show up in the yellow "banner" at the top.  That is all.  Everything still works OK, but the link I added doesn't appear.

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 02:02:29 AM »
Hum, I thought I already posted on this topic. :?

It just doesn't show up in the yellow "banner" at the top.

<a href="www.caminator.com">BACK TO CAMINATOR.COM</a>

Change to :

Code: [Select]

<a href="http://www.caminator.com">BACK TO CAMINATOR.COM</a>

"Additional" note: If your back link is being forwarded back to the same gallery, I wouldn't do it like this though.

Please use this instead :

<a href="{url_home}">BACK TO CAMINATOR.COM</a>

;)

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 02:28:03 AM »
@caminator:
If you dont see anything, then you either did the changes in the wrong template, or did not save/upload the changed file.

@TheOracle:
Their "main" site is not based on 4images, therefore the home page is not 4images index.php
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline caminator

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 04:45:22 PM »
Ok guys.  This is what my code looks like.  I have not installed any kind of template.  I am using the default template.  I am making these changes to my details.html file which is stored in the path "gallery/templates/default".  Here is my code:

"" />{clickstream}</td>
                 <td align="left">
                 </td>
                      <td align="right">
                   <a href="{url_top_images}"><b>{lang_top_images}</b></a>&nbsp;
                  <a href="{url_new_images}"><b>{lang_new_images}</b></a>&nbsp;
                 </td>

To me it looks like I should see "BACK TO CAMINATOR.COM" in the yellow "header" at the top of "www.caminator.com/gallery", but I do not.  I ONLY see Top images and New images.

What am I doing wrong here?  Also, here is a screen shot of what I am looking at.

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 05:05:41 PM »
Well, here's another way.

In your includes/page_header.php file,

find :

"url_home" => $site_sess->url(ROOT_PATH."index.php"),

add right below :

"url_caminator" => "http://www.caminator.com",

Then, find :

"lang_sub_categories" => $lang['sub_categories'],

add below :

"lang_caminator_back" => $lang['caminator_back'],

Then, in your lang/english/main.php file,

add above the '?>' tag :

$lang['caminator_back'] = "BACK TO CAMINATOR.COM";

Then, in your templates/<your_template>/details.html file,

replace :

with :

<a href="{url_caminator}">{lang_caminator_back}</a>

These should do it. ;)

Note: If you plan to redirect your loggedin users into another location (so, elsewhere from your gallery), their account will still be active. Meaning, I personally would consider to log out from their account before moving into another location. You should leave an additional note close to your link or something. ;)

Offline caminator

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 05:22:21 PM »
I still don't see the "BACK TO CAMINATOR.COM" in the yellow space at the top of my gallery page. 

I know it's on the server.  I uploaded it, and viewed the contents of the details file on the server.  This is not an uploading issue.  I don't get why this is not working for me....??? 

:cry: :x

Offline caminator

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 05:27:46 PM »
Ah HA!  IT IS THERE!

It is only there when I am viewing the full size file of an image.  On those pages it appears.  On the other ones (mainly the MAIN page) it does not.  I want it to show up on EVERY page.  how can I get it to do that?  Thanks for all your help TheOracle!!!

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006, 05:29:06 PM »
My apologize. I thought you meant directly from the details page. Fortinutely, yesterday, I posted a correction for this as I knew some users would actually need this :

http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=11620.0

Once added, simply replace it with :

$clickstream = "<a href=\"http://www.caminator.com\">".$lang['caminator_back']."</a>";

This should fit right to your needs. ;)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 06:28:20 PM by TheOracle »

Offline caminator

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2006, 05:58:52 PM »
Ok cool.  It seems to be working now.  How can I make it bold?  I'm not sure where to add the tags within all that if's and else stuff.  :)

Also, it is not appearing in the categories.php pages either.  What is the code to add it to that?  Thanks

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2006, 06:28:05 PM »

How can I make it bold?

The easiest way would be to edit your language definition from your lang/english/main.php file

for :

$lang['caminator_back'] = "BACK TO CAMINATOR.COM";

change to :

$lang['caminator_back'] = "<b>BACK TO CAMINATOR.COM</b>";

The alternative way would be by editing your style.css file (under your templates folder) and add a new class name paragraph to show bold.

From there, the example above would become like this :

$lang['caminator_back'] = "<span class=\"caminatorbold\">BACK TO CAMINATOR.COM</span>";

As you can see, the class example name I have given it is called : caminatorbold. ;)

Also, it is not appearing in the categories.php pages either.  What is the code to add it to that?

There will be more files to edit, of course. However, for the categories now ...

In your categories.php file,

find :

$clickstream = "<span class=\"clickstream\"><a href=\"".$site_sess->url(ROOT_PATH."index.php")."\" class=\"clickstream\">".$lang['home']."</a>".$config['category_separator'].get_category_path($cat_id).";

replace with :

$clickstream = "<span class=\"clickstream\"><a href=\"".$site_sess->url(ROOT_PATH."index.php")."\" class=\"clickstream\">".$lang['home']."</a>".$config['category_separator'].get_category_path($cat_id). $config['category_separator']."<a href=\"http://www.caminator.com\">".$lang['caminator_back']."</a></span>";

Offline caminator

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2006, 06:47:52 PM »
Sweet.  that did it.  you're awesome.

I guess that will do it for now.  Actually...one quick question kind of off the topic.  Do you know if there is a guestbook that has the same "theme" as 4images?  I want to add a guestbook, but I think it owuld be cool if they had the same look.  Right now I am using the Viper guestbook.

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2006, 06:55:00 PM »
Sure, here it is :

http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=7409.0

However, next time, if you wish to request new subjects (and that hasn't been requested before "or" very hard topics to find from the forum's search engine - please start a new topic). ;)

Offline caminator

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2006, 07:06:44 PM »
Looks way to in depth.  I don't want to go changing all my code like that.  If I don't like it, I'll never be able to get rid of it.  LOL.  Oh well.  I'll just stick with the one I have now I guess.