Author Topic: Logged users not shown in Whois Online  (Read 10672 times)

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
Logged users not shown in Whois Online
« on: February 13, 2006, 08:27:25 PM »
I made a new topic, because its a new problem.

The situation:
User log in normally - hes shown in user online list -> user is some minutes not activ -> user is not shown in the list / or shown as a guest, but he is NOT logged out.

The problem is new, i uninstalled all last MODs i have used, but no result. Replacing session.php with original one - no success.

Actualy, the active users are shown in the "last user online" panel, but some of them dont show up in the whois online ...  :roll: :roll: :roll:

edit: added screens:

and also not shown here *even NOT as a guest!*

Regards
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 10:33:52 PM by trez »

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
Re: Logged users not shown in Whois Online
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 11:51:09 PM »
I might be wrong but your pointed arrow subject seems to come from the Post it MOD. If so, please post in the appropriate topic.

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 12:00:04 AM »
no, on the left side is the "Latest user online MOD" , the second arrow points at the regular whois_online template. The second image shows that the user (marked with red) is also NOT SHOWN in the ACP. While i made the screenshots, i was chatting with this user and he sends me PM. So why is he not in the whos_online list?

And thats a big problem, because hes online, and he wants to be seen from the others.

It has something to do with the cookies or the cache, i hope there is a solution. I tried to change all possible values regarding cache and sessions in the php files but no success. The only way FOR THE USER to be shown, is manually to logoff and login again, but after some minutes of inactivity - the problem appears again.

The settings for the cache, sessiontime etc is all by default, i havent changed anything.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 12:37:18 AM »
Perhaps the user chosed not to show their presents onlin (aka invisible) check profile settings of "problematic" members...

P.S. is this the same mamber getting logged out every 5 minutes?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 12:34:05 PM »
V@no, no, they not choose to be ivisible, and no that are not the problematic members with the logout ... i dont know. Yousaid something about a chache system , or something else, please advise ..
PS. Just see the post, this user have the same problem : http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=11600.0
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 10:14:54 AM by trez »

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 05:10:36 AM »
Don't take it wrong trez but your pointed topic refers to your first post on this topic. I assume this is an error as you probably wanted to forward it into another location on the forum ? ;)

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 10:19:47 AM »
Yes i've corrected it, thanks Oracle.

So i just deletet the checkbox "log me in automaticly ..." from the user_login_form and ask my users do delete their cookies. Now the problem is solved. I think it has something to do with the cookies, but whatever, i solved my problem this way, since noone has a solution for the problem.

But i strongly recommend to analyze this further, because i'am not the only one having this problem. Deleting the checkbox is a "hardliner" solution. And dont think it has something to to with mods who add or change lines in the page_header or sessions.php, i've tried to use te original files and still had the prob.

Thanks for your help,

Georgi

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 02:45:23 PM »
link to phpinfo please
I dont know if its related but both of you have "no-cache" headers present when opening a page...
maybe try this:
http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=11279.msg58471#msg58471
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 04:27:37 PM »
phpinfo? I'am sorry, i dont know how to give you that link ;) i remember that i have to run a file but .. ?

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006, 01:52:27 AM »
crate phpinfo.php file with the folowing code inside:
Code: [Select]
<?php
phpinfo
();
?>
And show a link to it.

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2006, 10:25:27 AM »

Offline IcEcReaM

• View Profile
    • My little Testboard
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2006, 12:04:28 PM »
found it out.
I opended a new thread for a better overview.

http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=11630.new#new
Coding is a everlasting competition between programmers who tries to write larger, better and idiot-safe programs and the universe producing larger and stupider idiots...
...so far the universe won
bump