Author Topic: What is the {iptc_info} tag in details.html? UGH {}sqigglies period  (Read 3685 times)

Offline sharron

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
[EDIT by V@no]
Its better to start a new topic instead of replying to not related topic ;)
[/EDIT]

Hi Chris,
This is slightly off topic of what you've written here however, I'm hoping you'll respond.

I am brand new to php, and especially to 4images.  I have managed to figure that the url replacement within a template gets me results, what I can't figure out and what noone wants to seem to tell me is how or what do I do in the cases of the contents within the squiggle brackets ie.

{prev_image} or {if random_image} or {categories} etc.  Any input or a really kick ass tutorial on what belongs where in these templates would be of a huge help.  I don't even know which is the main html to start folks at with this thing, and I'm not normally that blonde LOL. I can't even find anyone who knows what to do to help so here I am in the bbs board :) Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 01:10:12 AM by V@no »

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: What is the {iptc_info} tag in details.html? UGH {}sqigglies period
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 01:20:41 AM »
We call them "template tags" or simply "tags". These tags being generated withing 4images code and during page compilation they are being replaced by specific content generated somewhere in the code.

There are no tutorials or list of avalable tags, so you kind of will need play with them. Most of the time the tag's name is self explained, I mean, intuitivly you can guess what will be showed instead of the tags...

Also, there is possible use "conditional" tags. These conditional tags starts with {if tag_name} and ends with {endif tag_name}
Whatever is placed betwen these tags will only be displayed if tag_name ( {tag_name} ) is not empty.

The tags being generated through $site_template->register_vars function.
If you see such line in the code, be sure it will generate the tags followed after it.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
Re: What is the {iptc_info} tag in details.html? UGH {}sqigglies period
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 02:00:57 AM »

The tags being generated through $site_template->register_vars function.
If you see such line in the code, be sure it will generate the tags followed after it.

More info here :

http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=11069.0

In the mean time, the {if ...} and {endif ...} will be added instantly.