Author Topic: Moving whole site (gallery) to New Host - Please help  (Read 3415 times)

Offline alphaville2006

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Moving whole site (gallery) to New Host - Please help
« on: December 15, 2005, 06:59:27 AM »
Have searched and read other posts on this subject in forum but are either over my head or don't directly apply so here's my specific situation:

My present host is lousy so want to move my whole gallery to a new site on a new host. I'm using Fantastico to do the install on the new one and used it on the old one. I've backed up the database from the old site from within the control  panel of 4images and saved it on my hardrive and have all the files from the original site in a folder as they were originally installed from my hard drive too. I also saved a copy of the MySQL database to my hardrive as well.

Question is, I think I have all the components but how to I get them to work? When I install with Fanstastico the install is fine except of course it automatically  creates a new (empty) MySQL database with a diffferent name to begin what it takes to be a new gallery, but of course I want to install the old gallery.

Can you walk me through what I need to do?

Many thanks in advance!

alphaville2006