• [MOD] Shoutbox 4 0 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: [MOD] Shoutbox  (Read 309090 times)

Offline surferboy

• View Profile
Re: [MOD] Shoutbox
« Reply #240 on: January 05, 2011, 08:56:04 PM »
Hi -

I posted this on 23 December in the wrong Shoutbox MOD!  :oops:

I wanted to document that I also had the same problem, and it is ongoing. I had a look at Rembrandt's profile of modifications that Sumale.nin quotes but I  can't find anything.  Right now the Shoutbox does not work at all on my version v1.7.7

Looks like we have an incompatibility issue with the security fix for XSS and CSRF vulnerability patches.

Using v1.7.7

implemented the security fixes for XSS and CSRF almost 2 months or more back? just after it came back.

just tried to use the shoutbox for a user and got this:

Error

CSRF check failed.

Any ideas ?

Thanks so much for looking at this.

Brian.

Rembrandt

« Reply #241 on: January 06, 2011, 12:25:34 PM »
Neuauflage der Modifikation @ Rembrandt
ich habe mir den mod testhalber mal eingebaut, funktioniert eigentlich alles, oder übersehe ich etwas?

wegen den CSRF fehlers:
suche in der "shout_editor.php":
method="post"
und ersetzt es mit:
method="GET"

mfg Andi
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 05:44:53 PM by Rembrandt »

Offline surferboy

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 06, 2011, 05:48:30 PM »
Hi Rembrandt,

Thanks for posting the fix.  I looked for the file and could not find it. I then when back and had a look at the MOD and discovered that I had posted in the correct place, for the other Shoutbox MOD:

http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=22492.0

Do you recommend I remove that MOD and install this one, or just try to replace all the instances of 'POST' with 'GET' in the code modifications?

Thanks so much for your thoughts.

Brian

Rembrandt

« Reply #243 on: January 06, 2011, 06:21:21 PM »
Do you recommend I remove that MOD and install this one, or just try to replace all the instances of 'POST' with 'GET' in the code modifications?
i can say only this mod works, for the other mod you can try this:
replace the "POST" with "GET" in the "user_gb_new.html"
have you more question to the other mod, please post your question in the other thread.

Offline surferboy

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 06, 2011, 06:36:57 PM »
Hi -

Thanks for the suggestions and your efforts to help.  I am going to switch to this MOD because it works and and has support from nice folks like you.

I know how to delete all the template files and remove the code from the files I modified but what about the db table that was created with the other MOD. Should I try to delete those fields or just let them sit there?

Thanks again,

Brian

Rembrandt

« Reply #245 on: January 06, 2011, 06:54:00 PM »
..Should I try to delete those fields or just let them sit there?
delete if you can.
 it's better you have a clean DB

Offline Jan-Lukas

• Addicted member
    • View Profile
    • Discover the New World of Kindersurprise
« Reply #246 on: January 06, 2011, 07:05:26 PM »
Neuauflage der Modifikation @ Rembrandt
ich habe mir den mod testhalber mal eingebaut, funktioniert eigentlich alles, oder übersehe ich etwas?

wegen den CSRF fehlers:
suche in der "shout_editor.php":
method="post"
und ersetzt es mit:
method="GET"

mfg Andi

Bei mir klappt der Mod auch noch sehr gut, das mit dem get hätte ich mir ja denken können, hatte das ja auch mit der externen suche  :oops:

LG Harald

Edit:

Andi, klappt noch nicht ganz, löschen geht, editieren noch nicht.
Danke Harald

Offline surferboy

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 07, 2011, 03:38:25 AM »
Hi -

Okay, that was a lot of hours spent uninstalling the other Shoutbox/Guestbook MOD and then installing this MOD ... and doing my diligence by slowly going through all 17 pages of posts.

Thank all of you for your efforts to support the MOD and help everyone.  At the end of the day, I don't really see the usefulness of this MOD.  The other MOD was more like an instant message personal communication MOD while this MOD is much more like a guestbook where everyone leaves their shouts.  I guess it could be useful if people had errors to report or suggestions or issues but I'm not sure how useful it is unless it was just pasted in the home.html code and there are too many other MODS competing for space there. 

What would be great is if the MOD allowed people to make separate comments about each category ... so you could make comments about category A and then a comment about Category B and those comments would only be visible in their respective Category displays.  As it is, the comments are visible on every category page, if you posted the template code on the categories.html page.  Likewise, if you posted the template code on the member.html page, you would see everyone's shouts no matter what or who they applied to so that doesn't seem to useful.

With some of the lingering issues of the search box error messages, it seems like this MOD is just way too complicated and sensitive to be very valuable, in my opinion.

So I undid it all.

I would love to hear other people's thoughts on why they like this MOD or how they find it useful.

We have a separate forum on our website so it seems logical for people to post their questions and concerns in our gallery forum instead of this guestbook format.  And ... with the format, it is hard to respond if someone posts a 'shout' so to speak.

Thanks again for everyone's dedication to helping each other here and throughout the 4images forum. 

Brian

Offline Jan-Lukas

• Addicted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 11, 2011, 10:55:22 AM »
Edit:

Andi, klappt noch nicht ganz, löschen geht, editieren noch nicht.

möglich das mein edit unter gegangen ist ;)

mit dem ändern von post in GET, klappt zwar das löschen wieder, nur das editieren klappt leider immer noch nicht :cry:

wenn ich das <form method="post"> in den Dateien shout_editor.html und shout_form.html in GET ändere, wird kein Eintrag mehr gespeichert.

komme also nicht weiter, obwohl ich mir den Code schon hundert mal angesehen habe ( zu viele Bäume im Wald *gg)

Harald
Danke Harald

Rembrandt

« Reply #249 on: January 11, 2011, 02:27:04 PM »
die shout_editor.html wir eh nicht gebraucht, das popup wird in der shout_editor.php generiert.
hat das editieren überhaupt schon mal funktioniert?

Offline Jan-Lukas

• Addicted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 11, 2011, 04:40:43 PM »
ja, bis zu dem Fix
http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=28168.0

ging das ausgezeichnet, nutze den Mod ja schon einige Jahre in beiden Galerien
Danke Harald

Rembrandt

« Reply #251 on: January 11, 2011, 05:25:48 PM »
ja, bis zu dem Fix
mit den original files vom ersten post?

Offline Jan-Lukas

• Addicted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 11, 2011, 06:08:53 PM »
neue Datei.

bin mir eigentlich sicher dass das editieren geklappt hat  (wurde auch von Usern darauf angesprochen)
 nur habe ich gerade mal
$csrf_protection_enable      = 1;
testweise deaktiviert, und klappt trotzdem nicht
muss das mal austesten
Danke Harald

Rembrandt

« Reply #253 on: January 11, 2011, 06:42:10 PM »
...$csrf_protection_enable      = 1;
testweise deaktiviert, und klappt trotzdem nicht
das hatte ich auch als allererst probiert, darum fragte ich ob das den überhaupt schon mal funktioniert hat.

Offline Jan-Lukas

• Addicted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 11, 2011, 06:55:50 PM »
ja, ohne diesen Fix klappt das editieren, habe es gerade auf einer Testinstall probiert.
da ist alles bis auf diesem Fix identisch
Danke Harald